Leading authorities on diet are usually of opinion that meatless diet enables us to live a long and healthful life. Experiments have been conducted to prove the harmlessness of a vegetable diet. It is well known that those who live a very long life either do not eat meat at all or eat it very moderately. An exclusive meat diet does not prolong life, but causes intestinal putrefaction and bring degenerative changes in heart, liver, kidneys and blood vessels. It is maintained that free use of meat in America and in all highly civilized countries is responsible for the high and ever increasing mortality from heart and kidney diseases.
People who subsist largely on meat diet are greatly susceptible to attacks of cancer diseases. Eating meat is a great source of constipation and various kinds of skin diseases. Leprosy easily invades organisms which are maintained by a meat diet. Meat and fish inflict pronounced injury on the health of persons who cannot do without them. Flesh-eating is harmful to life. Persons suffering from skin diseases, cancer, indolent ulcers, small-pox, boils, carbuncles, etc. experience great aggravation of symptoms if they take animal diet especially meat, fish and eggs.
Attacks of asthma increases in severity by taking eggs and meat. Moreover, use of eggs, meat and fish causes morbid increase in the sexual passion with grave injuries to health. Hence persons who are victims of serious and dangerous diseases like phthisis, pneumonia, paralysis, insanity, etc. should not be encouraged to take meat diet which may cause unnatural loss of semen inflicting grave injuries to health.
India can show evidences that long life is possible without a meat diet. The ancient Hindus especially the ancient sages of India never took meat but they could live very long lives. Even in modern India 90 p.c. of people do not take meat, fish or eggs but one can notice that they enjoy sound health and long life. Vegetable diet alone made the Indian sages to attain supreme power of intellect which shone in splendour in all walks of life.
Homoeopathic physician in all countries experience a formidable resistance in their field of practice. It comes partly from the recent developments of allopathic Materia Medica and partly from the entire lack of propaganda for the propagation of the Homoeopathic system of treatment. In order to maintain our Position we must see that our drugs and our cures be well advertised and made known to the people. Charitable Homoeopathic dispensaries at different localities of towns and cities and villages can be considered efficient means of advertisement of Homoeopathic system of treatment.
This will enable us to come in direct contact with people and help us to demonstrate the value of Homoeopathic drugs. Besides this Homoeopathic practitioners should study their Materia Medica with special care without which they will fail to cure patients who come to them for treatment. Then comes the purity of drug which is our chief instrument of cure. Doctors should obtain genuine medicine from reliable source or failure will result to throw us our of business.
1. Perforation of drug (ear): Calc-c. Caps. Lyc. Puls.
2. Ears very dry: Arnica.
3. Earache after vexation: Sulph.
4. Earache during fever: Calad.
5. Earache, worse with full moon: Sil.
6. Itching in ears, is almost frantic: Puls.
7. Itching in ears especially when swallowing: Sil.
8. Earache with nausea: Dulc.
9. Nervous deafness (Tabac) after typhoid: Phos-ac.
10. Otorrhoea smell of gunpowder: Calc-c.
11. Otorrhoea smelling like putrid meat: Thuj.
12. Otorrhoea with great itching: Croton-tig.
13. Otorrhoea especially after exanthemata: Meny.
14. Wen on lobes of ear: Nitric-acid.
15. Coryza worse in cool air: Nux-v. (Ars-a).
16. Redness of nose in open cold air: Aloe.
17. Hardness of Alae nasi: Thuja.
18. Itching of Alae nasi: Ars-a.
19. Red eruption on alae nasi: Thuja.
20. Epistaxis in anaemic children with frequent changing of colour of face: Ferr.
21. Nosebleed in bed after awaking: Aloe.
22. Coryza worse in warm room, better in cool air: Nux-v. (Puls).
23. Boils in nostrils, better from cold: Apis.
24. Snuffles, child starts out of sleep, rubbing nose: Lyco.
25. Snuffles, especially of new-born child: Nux-v. (Elaps. Samb).