WONDERS OF HOMOEOPATHY
(1) Boy of 3, when angry loses consciousness with coldness of extremities, upturned eyes, blue discolouration of lips and face; sense of suffocation; sweat on forehead.
(2) Sweat on head during sleep wetting the pillow, child sickly and anaemic.
(3) Very irritable mood. Very obstinate. Throws out articles and breaks things when angry.
4. Worm symptoms.
5. Catches cold very frequently.
6. Desire for open air.
7. Grinding of teeth during sleep.
8. Constipation, first part of stool is hard, rest soft or thin.
9. Very poor appetite.
10. Craving for sour things.
11. Aversion to milk.
12. Sound sleep.
13. Fetid smell from mouth
14. Urine normal
15. Tongue clean on sides but coated in the middle.
16. Wants to lie on the cemented floor because it is cool.
17. Was twice vaccinated.
Atista Indica 30, cured.
A young man of 33 consulted me for his symptoms of gonorrhoea which was yet in its early stage. The symptoms were as follows.
(1) Considerable swelling of prepuce with inflammatory redness of parts.
(2) Intense pain, and burning especially when urinating. All symptoms worse in the night. Obstructed flow of urine.
3. Discharge thick, yellowish – white.
4. Cannot bend forward without great pain in urethra.
5. Turning in bed at night was an act of utter impossibility.
6. Cold water application relieved all pains and discomforts.
7. Sleep very much disturbed by frequent urination at night.
8. Lack of appetite and thirst.
9. Sweat not marked.
10. Constipation with no desire to pass stool.
11. Black complexion, black hair.
12. Tongue coated thickly.
Apis 30 removed pain and swelling. The discharge decreased but failed to yield to the remedy. Sulphur 1000 was administered with no distinct relief. Cantharis 200 was followed by an aggravation which lasted for nearly 10 days. No medicine was prescribed for a further period of 15 days. The discharge continued as before. Cannabis Sat. 30 was given with most satisfactory results. He is completely cured. No relapse is reported.
1. For over forty years Lathyrus Sativa has been widely used an an effective prophylactic in infantile paralysis.
2. Diphtherinum 200 has proved a successful safeguard against diphtheria in an epidemic or when given to contacts.
3. Dr. Burnetts “specific” for mumps was Pilocarpine Muriate 3X. Either the salt or Pilocarpine itself in 30th potency seems to have an almost specific effects in mumps.
4. In cases where drug sensitivity or poisoning is suspected the same drug potency may antidote the effects of its crude counter part.
5. The fondness for dancing which is a characteristic of Sepia is sometimes manifest in childhood.
6. The modern medical man is blind to chronic metastasis, to what we call suppression, perhaps more so than his ancient forbears. Homoeopaths who base their practice on dynamic principles and have to undo the mistakes of common medicine realize the truth of this.
7. Here is one symptom of Secale that is of inestimable value: “great coldness (objective) of the surface yet the patient can not bear to be covered.” This is oftenest found in cholera and cholera infantum, but it is also found in senile gangrene. The feet and toes may be objectively as cold as an iron wedge, but the patient is distressed beyond endurance by having them covered.
8. Vomiting of milky water (during pregnancy) although she had not drunk any milk.