WONDERS OF HOMOEOPATHY
Gunshot wound with perforation, Remedies used: Calc sulph., Syphilinum.
Narendranath Bar of village Manirampore, H.B. Chord, received the injury and was kept in the Howrah Hospital for 11 months for treatment. This long course of treatment in the Hospital entirely failed to give him any relief. At the end of this period he was removed to his village home in an absolutely hopeless state of health.
I was called to see him. The following symptoms were noted.
1. Enormous swelling about the knee through which the bullet passed.
Pressure on the middle of thigh caused a heavy flow of bloody pus. The inflammation was extending upward into the thigh. The part of the leg below the knee became very thin and emaciated. The whole knee-joint was swollen and painful, the pain was unbearable during and about the EKADASI DAYS (11th day of the moon phase). The pain was so intense that he had to cry day and night. Pain worse at night.
2. Whole body extremely emaciated, hardly able to speak or move.
3. Salivation during sleep at night.
4. Offensive odour from mouth.
5. Sweat not marked.
6. Lack of thirst and lack of appetite.
7. Constipation with no desire for stool.
8. Past history of syphilis.
9. Hot feeling at night with loss of sleep.
Treatment was begun with Calc-sulph. and concluded with Syphilinum high. He took 4 months to return to health. He is now living an active life as before.