The month of April is significant for the Homoeopaths of the world. In this month was born the Great Medical Revolt, Samuel Hahnemann who, by discovering the new art of healing with the help of his supreme power of intellect, crippled the activities of the false and monstrous system of therapeutics to a great extent and created a mighty source of drugs fully capable of annihilating innumerable hoards of diseases causing intense suffering and pain to human race desiring to live a life of peace and happiness.
Hahnemanns discovery of the universal therapeutic law, Similia Similibus Curantur, is undoubtedly a great blessing for mankind. Hahnemann, the founder of Homoeopathy, has given us a law of cure which is true and useful in all ages and in all climes. Hahnemann was a very learned man and very highly educated physician. In the early days of his practice he became painfully convinced of the great uncertainty and absurdity of medical science of his time. He found that the medical science of his day was unsafe and injurious.
His Transcendent genius then thought over the possibility of finding out something more safe and sure. For long twenty years he laboured hard to give his supreme law of cure to the world. His experiments and observations established the new science of therapeutics which is called Homoeopathy. It is a brilliant discovery, a mighty piece of achievement of great usefulness.
A tremendous labour was required for the creation of Homoeopathic Materia Medica. He has given us the “Materia Medica Pura” and the “Chronic Diseases”. These two books form the imperishable monument to his genius and self-devotion. His “Organon of Medicine” contains rules regarding the application of drugs for the cure of human sickness. The aggregate of symptoms presented by the patient must be similar to the symptoms produced by drugs. The medicine having symptoms most similar to those of the patient is the appropriate agent for the cure of a sickness. Hahnemanns art of cure requires the administration of a single drug at a time in a most minute dose which should be devoid of the power of exciting unnecessary complications in the system.
Hahnemanns universal law of cure is a remarkable piece of work which has given us a gentle and economical method of treatment of diseases invading human organism. Diseases, which hitherto remained uncured or half cured now disappear under the gentle and harmless action of Homoeopathic drugs. Diseases which failed to be eliminated without being subjected to the torture of surgeons knife quietly yield to the benign action of our new drugs which have the capacity of throwing the surgeon out of employment in a vast majority of cases.
The world in course of 150 years witnessed with admiration the wonderful action of Homoeopathic Medicines curing surgical and non-surgical diseases in all parts of the world. These medicines act with extreme rapidity and with wonderful success whenever they are used by efficient hands having a thorough power over our Materia Medica, the great fountain-head of drugs of all varieties intended for the alleviation of human ills.
In this month of April Homoeopaths all over the world should remember the immortal name of Hahnemann who is now taking his eternal rest in his grave where he has taken shelter for over hundred years and whence his restless soul may peep into the activities of his worthy disciples to whom he left the charge of healing art which his genius created with diligent labour and patient care. Let all Homoeopaths bow their heads in this month of April before the sacred and undying memory of Samuel Hahnemann and pray to Almighty God for complete peace and happiness for the mighty soul which is no longer in our midst and which is made one with God in the eternal abode of Heaven where grief or sorrow finds no access.
1. Cold sensation, or coldness of ears. Calc-Ph.
2. Constant cold sensation in ears. Merc.
3. Deafness from cold after cutting hair. Puls.
4. Ears cold during febrile heat. Ipec.
5. Headache and noises in ear after a cold drink. Kali-c.
6. Right ear hot, left pale and cold. Kali-c.
7. Hardness of hearing from concussion. Arn.
8. Copper coloured nodes on ears: Graph.
9. Difficult hearing during cough: Chelid.
10. Cracking in ears when reading aloud: Aloe.
11. Complete deafness in typhoid fever: Arg-n.
12. Deafness after acute exanthema, ears too dry: Carb. Veg.
13. Deafness with dryness of ears: Graph, Lach.
14. Deafness with itching in ears. Bov.
15. Delirium, with almost complete deafness in Diphtheria: Bapt.
16. Otorrhoea with deafness: Puls.
17. Ear troubles during dentition: Bell, Calc-c, Cham.
18. Difficult hearing, especially of human voice: Phos. (Ars. A., Rhus. T., Sil).
19. Discharge of water from a sound ear: Calc-c.
20. Excoriating discharge from ears: Calc-ph.
21. Green discharge from ears: Cham.
22. Suppression of discharge (ear) producing headache and fever. Bry.
23. Suppression of discharge (ear) producing swelling of genitals: Nux-v., Puls.
24. Suppression of discharge (ear) with hard and swollen glands of neck: Bell., Merc., Puls.