1. Invaluable in violent, acute destructive inflammations (phagedenic tendencies) of any part. esp. of mucous membranes; catarrhal, scrofulous, gonorrhoeal syphilitic.
2. Typical dysentery; scanty stools of pure mucus tinged or streaked with blood, colicky pains extreme, persistent tenesmus and burning; often accompanied by tenesmus of bladder; no (>) stool.
3. Acute inflammatory conditions of eyes and lids with swelling, intense pain, photophobia and acrid lachrymation.
4. Violent inflammation of serous membranes esp. peritoneum; peritonitis, appendicitis, etc., when abscess is about to form.
5. Acute or chronic interstitial nephritis with violent cystic symptoms; also gonorrhoea with thick, greenish discharge.
Note. General symptoms and modalities as Mercurius Viv.