1. Dark persons of firm, fleshy fibre; choleric temperament; bilious and rheumatic tendencies.
2. Fevers. Patient lies like a log, (<) least movement, resents any interference or questioning; at night, active delirium or broken sleep; disturbed about immediately personal concerns; vague, inconstant desires; wants to go home (Actea, Hyoscyamus)
3. Inflammatory affections of serous membranes; when effusion is about to occur; also mastitis, mammae heavy, hard, hot, pale.
4. Sharp, stitching pain (Kali. bich.). (<) motion, (>) rest.
5. Excessive dryness of all mucous membranes from lips to rectum (resulting, e.g. in 6 and 7); secretions scanty.
6. Great thirst for copious draughts at long intervals (rev. Arsenicum).
7. Constipation; stools large, hard, dark, dry, crumbling, as if burnt; also summer diarrhoeas from chill or overheating.
8. Gastric disorders; foul, yellow-coated tongue; capricious appetite; sensation as of stone in stomach (Nux V., Pulsatilla).
9. Ailments chiefly right-sided (ovarian troubles often in exception).
10. Modalities; (<) slightest motion of any kind; at night esp. about 9 p.m. or early a.m. even after good sleep; (<) heat, esp. sun heat; (>) absolute rest, mental and physical; cool air and applications; lying on painful side.
Notes. Chronic remedies, Natr. Mur., Alumina, Lycopod. Useful in ailments from suppression of discharges and acute exanthema.