1. Acts best in persons with light-blue eyes, flaxen hair, fair skin; blonde, red-checked, scrofulous girls (ctr. Iodium).
2. Inflammatory diseases of respiratory tract esp. upper part; croupous conditions with much rattling of mucus during cough; severe suffocative attacks; spasmodic constriction of larynx, hoarseness; chest pains running upwards; also obstinate coryzas.
3. Swelling and induration of glands esp. in scrofulous children.
4. Diphtheria when membrane invades larynx; extending upwards.
5. Modalities; ((<)) evening to midnight; warm room; left side; (>) at the seaside (Iodium).