Some forms of diabetes can be cured homoeopathically by silver if the accompanying symptoms are similar to the primary proving action of this remedy. (Hahnemann)
Man of 63, previously of strong constitution, is now emaciated, pale, sallow, exhausted, has noted that his urine looks like whey, the quantity, much increased, disturbs his nights rest, amounting to 22 quarts during the night. The urine is sweetish and turbid. Edema of scrotum and feet. For two weeks he has suffered from a fever which appears on alternating days, in morning or afternoon, and is of the Ignatia character. This remedy in the 200c potency cured the accompanying symptoms in a few days, but did not change the urinary condition.
The patient also complained of a foul taste and great exhaustion. Argentum foliaticum 1c was given in two doses. After 4 days the urine was less turbid and of less quantity. But now symptoms of pulmonary phthisis appeared, which were cured by repeated doses of China 27c and Lycopodium 200c. About a year later the diabetic symptoms recurred, with pressure in pit of stomach and difficult breathing. Four doses of Argentum foliaticum 1c cured this quickly. After that, patient had no recurrence for 7 years, but is a candidatus mortis from pulmonary phthisis. (Rueckert)
Colocynthis Enuresis for 6 years, increasing continually. Urine white and cloudy when voided, curdles while cooling to milk-white, jellied mass. Sensation of fullness in bladder. Repeated doses of Colocynthis cured completely. (Bute)
Five cases of chyluria were cured by this remedy:
1. Urine like milk, odor as from raw meat with bloody coagulations; no other symptoms (in man of phlegmatic temperament).
2. After every exertion urine looks like solution of lime, and red jelly-like lumps are also passed. (Phlegmatic man)
3. Milk-white urine, intermixed with bloody, jelly-like and white-cheesy lumps; backache and pain in kidneys; emaciation. (Pregnancy)
4. Urine is voided in interrupted streams; thick as if flour were stirred in jelly-like, stringy, with blood clots. At times dull pressure in bladder region. (In a negro)
5. Urine like whey, also like milk; at times bloody, worse shortly before menstruation. (In a negress) (Hering)
A strong woman of 30 has long suffered from severe pressure in stomach and pit of stomach, worse from touch. Urine white and consistency of milk. Two days after taking Phosphoric acid 200c all pains had left her, and menses normal. (Stapf)
I have wondered for a long time why Plumbum has not been prescribed homoeopathically for diabetes, because, of all the remedies proved, none corresponds more generally and particularly to the symptoms of this disease. It has the “sweetish taste, sweet eructation, sweet vomiting,” which symptoms should suggest the possibility of sugar in the urine, even without a urine analysis.