Editor of the Recorder:
Conferences after conferences are being held on various medical subjects. at various places, Rome, London, etc., and at Rome, in the World Health Assembly, they have adopted a 18 million dollar programme to combat diseases such as malaria, Cholera, Tuberculosis, Venereal as well as Mental diseases, but nowhere in the Reports have I come across the word Homoeopathy.
1. Is it that Homoeopathy has no sphere of action amongst the subject discussed and various diseases they have decided to tackle?
2. Is it that Homoeopathy is not a medical science strong enough to be represented at World Health Organizations?
3. Is it that Governments concerned at the World Health Assembly ignore the science of Homoeopathy?
4. Is it that Homoeopaths do not consider the Organization as worth wasting their breath over the subjects discussed?
5. Is it that amongst Homoeopaths there is none who can face the fire of the powerful organization?
6. Is it that Homoeopaths of the advanced scientific World are waiting for Hahnemann and / or Hering and Kent to come and whip them into action?
7. Is it that the people at the top ladder of the Rational Art of Healing (Homoeopathy) wish this science to die its natural death?.
What the real matter is I do not know. Would any one kindly throw light on the subject?.
Very truly yours,
DR. T.D. RAJA.
Karachi (i), Pakistan.
Dear Friends of The Southern and Pan-American:
Just another reminder that the Southern Homoeopathic Medical Association in joint session with the Pan-American Homoeopathic Medical Congress will meet again on October 18th to 21st, both dates inclusive, at the beautiful Hotel Soreno in St. Petersburg, Florida. The Southern sessions occupy Tuesday and Wednesday, October 18th and 19th, the Pan-American, Thursday and Friday, October 20th and 21st. An outstanding medical and social program has been arranged. Papers and essayists are exceptional this year. a complete program will be sent to you in a few weeks.
As you will recall, these meetings always bring physicians from every part of the United States Central and South America and Mexico. There must be a good reason, especially for men south of the border, coming thousands of miles at great expense and even greater hardship in travel to attend these meetings year after year. We in the United States are more fortunate to have this meeting so close to home.
Florida in October is an ideal spot for a meeting as well as vacation. Touring and flying are equally a pleasure. The Soreno Hotel is one of the finest in Florida, located on Tampa Bay near the beautiful waters of the Gulf of Mexico. You will have the advantage of special summer convention rates All rooms have private bath. You will be able to combine a general healthful vacation of fishing and bathing with a first class medical meeting. Remember, all convention expenses are deductible from Income Tax.
Florida also offers such added pleasures as Cypress Gardens, Silver Springs, Miami Beach, Daytona Beach, Key West, Everglades National Park, Palm Beach, Lakes Wales and Bok Singing Tower, Orlando and quaint St. Augustine.
Please make reservations early by writing to Mr. John J. Dewey, Soreno Hotel, St. Petersburg, Florida, or to your Secretary.