SAMUEL HAHNEMANN HIS LIFE AND WORK by RICHARD HAEHL.
EXTRACT FROM THE CHURCH REGISTER OF LAUCHSTADT.
(A)– CHILDREN OF CHRISTIAN HAHNEMANN
1. 1707. 8th December : Gottfried Hahnemann was born.
Father : Christian Hahnemann.
bapt. 11th December : Godparents: Mrs. Maria Regina, wife of Gottfried Hahnemann, merchant of Leipsic, Zacharias Fieke, the miller (?) of Merseburg, and Michael Francke, the cooper here in Lauchstadt.
2. 1712. 23rd August : dam Friedrich Hahnemann was born.
Father : Christian Hahnemann.
bapt. 25th August : Godparents: Miss Friederika Magdalena, daughter of Just Heinrich Carius the equerry of Merseburg, Adam Samuel Jahck, mayor, and Theodorus Viman, Judge in this town (diseases 1712).
(B)– CHILDREN OF CHRISTOPH HAHNEMANN, THE PAINTER.
1. 1711. 24th December : Christoph Hahnemann born.
Father : Christoph Hahnemann, the painter. bapt. 27th december : Godparents: Christian Drechssler, Privy Secretary to His Royal highness, the Prince of Weissenfelss, etc., who was represented by Martin Stolle, magistrate and sheriff, Othmar Kunth, magistrate here in Lauchstadt, and Mrs. Dorothea Magdalena, wife of Othmar Kunth, Hoffrath and Commissioner to His Majesty and Royal Highness in Saxony. 2. 1714. 17th April : Johanna Christiana Hahnemann born.
Father : Christoph Hahnemann, the painter
bapt. 19th April : Godparents: Mrs. Dorothea Magdalena, widow of Othmar Kunth, His Majesty’s court adviser and Commissioner, Johann Christoph Kegler, Pastor of Clobicau and Cracau, and also Mrs. Anna Kathrina, the here residing widow of Bartholomai Edelings, official receiver of taxes.
3. 1716. 3rd May : Christiana Beta Hahnemann Born.
Father : Christoph Hahnemann the painter.
bapt. 5th May : Godparents:Gottfried Tummel, Pastor in Grossgrafendorf, Miss Johanna Regina Sommerin, who lives with Mr. Keglern in Clobicau, Mrs. Christina Maria Marholdin, widow of a lieutenant, living with the wife of Lieutenant- colonel von kriegesheim, etc.
4. 1718. 13th March : Theodora Elisabeth born, little daughter of Christoph Hahnemann, the painter. bapt. 15th March : Godparents: Mrs.Johanna Theodora, wife of M. Christian Gottfried Alberti, Pastoris and Senioris, in Schaffstadt; Mrs. Euphrosina Elisabeth, wife of Adam Samuel Jahcks, Mayor here in Lauchstadt; and Mr. George Neick, Pastor in Vesta and Klein Corbetha, who was represented by Adam Samuel Jahck, the Mayor (died 1720).
5. 1720. 24th July : Christian Gottfried, little son of Christoph Hahnemann, the painter.
bapt. 26th July : Godparents: Miss Von Wolfersdorf, of Klein Lauchstadt; Mr. Johann Gottfried Frohlich, Town-Clerk of this place; and Mr. Michael Hennebergk, studiosus juris, who resides with Mr. Pachter Bohmen at kriegstadt.
6. 1722. 15th June : Christian August, little son of Christoph Hahnemann, the painter.
bapt. 18th June : Godparents: Christian Gottfried Reinhardt, Court Councillor to the Prince of Saxony and Merseburg and Erbh, in Neu-Kirchen, etc.; Mrs. Maria, wife of His Majesty’s Magistrate, othmar Kunth, here in Lauchstadt; and Christian Gottfried Alberti, Pastor and Senior in Schaffstadt, etc. who was represented by Johann Hoffmann, official Secretary in this town.
7. 1724. 30th October : Dorothea Margareta, little daughter of Christoph Hahnemann, the painter.
bapt. 2nd November : Godparents: Johann Leonhard Ernst Rasch, Lehen Sekretarius in Merseburg; Mrs. Anna Margaretha, widow of Martin Stollens, deceased official secretary; and Mrs. Brodte, wife of Raths Kammerers Christian Brodte, superintendent of the Hospital in Merseburg (Died 1733.)
EXTRACTS FROM THE CHURCH REGISTERS OF THE EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN PARISH OF FRAUENKIRCHE IN MEISSEN.
Christian Gottfried Hahnemann (Without “h”), painter to the king to Pohl, and to the Prince of Saxony’s porcelain factory in that town, eldest son of Christoph Hahnemann, painter in Lauchstadt [this is not correct, see Supplement I-R. H.).
with spinster Johanne Eleonore, only daughter of his third marriage, of Justi Jordan Deerens, Court tailor, were married here on November 27th,1748
On September 23rd, 1749, twins were born to this couple;one child, johanna Eleonora, lived (died 13th July,1750).
Here is added:
“Alteram gemellam d. 24. circa meridiem one Chirugi mortuam mater cuixa est; et altera Die ipsa obiit died 25.9.1749, age 26 years, I month, 8 days.”)
(English translation: The other female twin was delivered still-born on the 24th, about mid-day by medical help, and the mother died the next day.)
Another entry records that : On November, 2nd,1750