165. Flat taste in the mouth (aft. 5 d.). [Gn.]
Sour and bitter taste in the mouth (the first 3 d.).
Beer tastes herbaceous (aft. 55 h.). [Gn.]
Beer tastes flat and sourish-bitter.
Bitter-sour taste in the mouth.
170. Tobacco when smoked tastes acrid and dry.
Bad smell from the mouth.
He has no appetite and yet the food tastes well (aft. 13 h.). [Gn.]
The infant will not take the breast of the mother who has taken tin, bends itself backwards, and will not suck her again.
He has a good appetite as usual and eats a great deal because he relishes the food. [Gss.]
175. Only on one occasion at dinner, though she had empty feeling in the stomach; she had no proper appetite; otherwise she retains her appetite and hunger undiminished, as when in good health. [Gss.]
Great appetite and hunger; he ate more than usual, and could not become satiated (aft. 7 d.). [Gss.]
Increased hunger (aft. 36 h.). [Hrr.]
Increased appetite and hunger (aft. 60 h.). [Hrr.]
Increased thirst (aft. 8 h.). [Hrr.]
180. Whilst eating, when he has just swallowed the morsel and it is not far from the entrance to the stomach, there occurs a rumbling in the belly – a peculiar dull noise, audible to himself. [Gss.]
Soon after a meal (whilst smoking the accustomed tobacco) hiccup. [Fz.]
Frequent hiccup (aft. 1.1/4, 8 h.). [Lr.]
Frequent empty eructation (aft. 1/8 h.). [Lr.]
185. Something sweetish rises up in his throat.
Frequent bitter eructation after a meal.
Eructation from the stomach with flat taste in the mouth and much saliva. [fz.]
Sourish eructation, whereupon his oesophagus became rough, when walking in the open air(aft. 9 h.). [Gn.]
Early in the morning frequent eructation, at first of sulphureted hydrogen gas, then merely of air. [Gss.]
190. Several times shuddering, as from loathing, with a nauseaous fulness in the scrobiculus cordis (immediately).
After eating, nausea.
After partaking of some soup she became sick and must vomit something bitter as gall.
Sensation of nausea (and bitterness) in the mouth. [Fz.]
Nausea and inclination to vomit in the oesophagus (aft. 3 h.). [Hrr.]
195. Nausea, as if he would and must vomit, in the fauces and oesophagus (aft. 1 h.). [Hrr.]
(He vomits acid.)
Violent retching and at last vomiting of undigested food (aft. 2 h.); in the evening again retching, and thereafter first sour, then bitter taste in the throat – the following day renewed retching, and again on the third day, with great nausea and a feeling of deranged stomach and bitterness.
Vomiting of blood. (ALSTON (Mat. Medorrhinum, I, p. 152) saw haematemesis cured by tin, as by magic.) [GEISCHLAGER, (Effect of swallowing granulated tin.) in Hufel. Journ. d. pr. A., x, iii, p. 165.]
Anxious pressive pain in the scrobiculus cordis, when lying, just as if he should have an attack of haemorrhage, for a couple of hours; it went off by pressing on it (aft. 3 d.). [Gn.]
200. Pressure in the stomach. (The pressure is described as insufferable.) [GESCHLAGER, l. c.]
In the forenoon pressure in the stomach.
After partaking of a little soup pressure in the stomach and discomfort.
Pushing and pressure in the scrobiculus cordis. [Fz.]
205. Pushing and pressure in the scrobiculus cordis, which pains as if festering when touched. (This, the previous and the following, as also some other symptoms, e.g. 201, 203, 207, 208, 217 – 219, 224 – 226, 231, 232, 234, 235, 237, 240 – 243, 258, 259, point to some kinds of hysterical and hypochondriacal spams and pains in the abdomen and diaphragmatic region, in which tin is homoeopathically useful, as was known to ST. J. AUG. ALBRECHT (Diss, exh. Medic. Satrun. Et jov. Hist. et usum, Gott., 1772, p. 34) and GEISGCHLAGER (IN Hufel, Journ.. pr. A., x, iii, p. 165).) [Fz.]
Tensive aching pain in the scrobiculus cordis (aft. 2 d.). [Gn.]
Cutting about the stomach.
Spasmodic griping in the stomach and round about the navel, so that she was constantly sick, and when it came up towards the scrobiculus cordis she became very anxious.
Anteriorly in the abdomen, immediately below the cartilages of the last ribs, on the left near the scrobiculus cordis, a pressure as with a blunt stick somewhat relieved by pressing on it with the hand. [Gss.]
210. Soon after eating a painful long prick on the ensiform cartilage. [Gss.]
Sensation in the scrobiculus cordis as from disordered stomach. [Fz.]
Fulness and distension of the stomach, and yet at the same time hunger. [Fz.]
Whilst walking sensation in the stomach as if swollen up under the skin, with pinching in the bowels. [Fz.]
Causes sufferings in the stomach and bowels. [G. E. STAHL, Mat. Medorrhinum, cap. vi.]
215. Transient burning transversely across below the diaphragm. [Fz.]
Cutting pain in the right hypochondrium, more severe when sitting in a bent position (aft. 6 h.). [Ws.]
Pressive cramp-like pain under the left short ribs, alternately weaker and stronger (aft. 7 h.). [Htn.]
Several severe stitches one after the other in the right side of the abdomen, especially when coughing and breathing.
A shooting in the right side of the abdomen; thereafter, drawing in the right shoulder – she must lie down, with sweat on the face and arms, during which a chilliness ran over her.
220. First simple pain in both sides under the short ribs, then there are jerks are jerks from the right to the left side through the belly, like obtuse bows – it seemed to be worse when she pressed on the right side. [Gss.]
In both sides under the true ribs suddenly a painful starting or jerking together. [Gss.]
Here and there in the abdomen painful jerks. [Gss.]
On the left, betwixt scrobiculus cordis and navel, pain as if the muscles were nipped with two fingers. [Gss.]
When he presses with his hand on the umbilical region he feels a pain up to the stomach and to both sides under the ribs.
225. In the left side under the ribs bruised pain.
Aching in the hepatic region.
Boring stitch in the left side of the upper belly, when walking (aft. 12 h.). [Gn.]
On the right, near the navel, a slow obtuse pressure. [Gss.]
During inspiration a stab as from a sharp knife darted suddenly from the left to the right side through the belly, so that she started in affright. [Gss.]
230. The abdomen is painful to the touch as if gathering, at the same time shortness of breath. [Fz.]
Frequent attacks of bellyache.
Pinching cutting pain in the umbilical region almost all day.
Painful digging about above the umbilical region; when she pressed on it, it felt as if she came on a sore place. [Gss.]
Digging in the abdomen before every motion of the bowels.
235. Spasmodic bellyache below and above the navel, which went off in a few minutes by lying over a table, without discharge of flatus.
Sore feeling in the whole abdomen, worse when touched. [Gss.]
Sore pain in the abdomen.
With weakness of the whole body all the intestines seem to be in a languishing state, with great emptiness in the abdomen, and yet no proper hunger – on commencing to eat he relished the food, ate a great deal, and felt better thereafter. [Gss.]
After a meal feeling of emptiness in the abdomen. [Hrr.]
240. After eating fulness in the abdomen.
Painful distension of the abdomen, which is painfully sensitive to external touch.
Flatulent distension of the abdomen.
Displacement of flatulence.
Gurgling in the abdomen. [Gss.]
245. Loud rumbling after every meal, only when lying (aft. 54 h.). [Gn.]
He has much rumbling about in the abdomen. [Gss.]
On stretching the body rumbling in the abdomen, as from emptiness (aft. 2 h.). [Lr.]
Rumbling in the hypogastrium (aft. 2 h.). [Hrr.]
Much flatulence accumulates in the abdomen. [Fz.]
250. A pinching and noise in the stomach as if diarrhoea were imminent. [Fz.]
Pinching in the abdomen. [Fz.]
Pinching in the umbilical region, as from a chill. [Gss.]
Nausea in the abdomen with painful flatulence; on pressing on it both are alleviated. [Gss.]
Movements in the abdomen like griping, as from displaced flatulence (aft. ¾ h.). [Lr.]
255. Creeping sensation in the right side of the abdomen, as from a purgative (aft. 3 h.). [Lr.]
Pinching and aching pain in the abdomen, especially in the umbilical region, with feeling as if he must go to stool (aft. 2 h.). [Hrr.]
Aching pain here and there in the hypogastrium with urging to stool. [Hrr.]
Burning pain in the abdomen.
Burning sensation in the hypogastrium.
260. Burning pressure in the right side of the belly. [Fz.]
Pressure above the liver. [Fz.]
Drawing pressure in the abdomen, here and there (aft. 1 h.). [Hrr.]
Tensive pain in the abdomen more towards the sacrum, most severe when stooping (aft. 5 h.). [Gn.]
Cutting pain transversely across the hypogastrium, like cuts with a knife (aft. 60 h.). [Hrr.]
265. Drawing cutting sensation in the hypogastrium, close beside the right hip-bone (aft. 3.1/2 h.). [Htn.]
A pricking pain in the hypogastrium (aft. 30 h.). [Gn.]
Obtuse stitches inwards in the left renal region. [Fz.]
Pinching pain on stooping just above the left os ilii, as if a tendon were jerked over (aft. 25 h.). [Htn.]
Above the projecting angle of the pelvis, in the abdominal muscles of the right side, a feeling of being over-stretched. [Fz.]
270. Pricking in the junction of the ossa pubis, in the left. [Fz.]
Pressure in the inguinal glands with some swelling of them.
Fine pinching in the left groin (aft. 48 h.). [Ws.]
When stooping shooting pain in the right groin, as if he had sprained himself in leaping, which went off on raising himself up again (aft. 3.1/2 h.). [Lr.]
In the left groin, sensation as if a hernia would come out. [Fz.]
275. Pressive pain in the rectum (aft. 4 d.). [Gn.]
Itching prick in the rectum (aft. 4 d.). [Gn.]
Itching round about the anus, persistent (aft. 6 h.). [Gn.]
On the left side of the anus a small lump, like a pile, with sore pain only when touched. [Gss.]
Retention of the stool: the evacuation occurred twenty-five hours later than usual.[Hnl.]
280. Stool six hours later than usual. [Gn.]
Constipation, for some time, in the mother and her sucking infant.
Dry stool in lumps.
Stool with worm-shaped mucus.
285. Greenish and scanty stool.
The stool is unaltered, though he has frequent call to evacuate. [Hrr.]
Sudden call to stool, which is at first of an ordinary character, then pappy, and lastly, thin and attended by a shudder-like sensation through the body from above downwards, and a drawing from the sacrum through the thighs – when he would get up he always feels as if he had not finished (In one who was usually constipated.) (aft. 10 m.). [Gss.]
Soon after stool again an urging to it. [Fz.]
Ineffectual call to stool.
290. Frequent call to stool, when but little faecal matter is evacuated, sometimes only mucus.
Frequent call to stool, when but little faecal matter is evacuated, sometimes only mucus.
Frequent call to stool, which he had already evacuated twice that day, and when he again went to the closet he could do nothing. [Gss.]
She has more frequent call to stool than usual. [Gss.]
In the evening she felt as if she should have diarrhoea and must always go to stool, with pinching and painful moving about in the bowels, as if from a chill, at the same time she feels some blows in the left side, as from a foetis in advanced pregnancy, with distension of the abdomen – when she then went to stool there occurred a thinner evacuation, and when she then went to stool there occurred a thinner evacuation, and when she wished to get up she always felt as if more were to come; the bellyache remained until she got into bed, when it gradually went off. [Gss.]
Evacuation of dry, large-sized faeces, with violent cutting pains (aft. 2 h.). [Hnl.]
295. Evacuation of a single lump of hard faeces, with pressing (aft. 6 h.). [Lr.]
Difficult evacuation of a very firm but not hard stool, just as though the bowel had not spower to expel it (aft. 24 h.). [Ws.]
Immediately after evacuation of the stool, a feeling in the anus as if it were excoriated and sore, with fine pricks.
Occasionally, generally immediately after stool, but also at other times, a burning in the anus.
After the stool, burning pain in the hepatic region.
300. After the stool obtuse pressure in the rectum.
After the stool discharge of mucus.
Firm stool, which seemed to him to be slippery but was not so. [Fz.]
In the forenoon a soft, in the afternoon a thin stool (aft. 3 d.). [Gn.]
Corrosive gnawing pain about the anus, when walking and sitting.
305. Frequent call to urinate: every night he must get up from sleep to pass water; this lasted three days, then, along with diminished quantity of urine, there occurred also slighter and rarer inclination to urinate than when in his usual health. [Lr.]
Retention of urine.
He has no desire to urinate – a fulness in the abdomen alone gives a hint of his need to do so – and when he then passes water it is very scanty and of a very bad odour; he can urinate very seldom, but all this without pain.
Painful pressure in the neck of the bladder and along the urethra after passing water; he always felt as if some urine were to come, and when a few drops do come away, the pressure becomes still worse for ten minutes (aft. 25 h.) [Htn.]
Burning in the urethra anteriorly, especially when urinating; he had desire to pass water every minute, and urinated copiously.
310. (Soreness of the extremity of the urethra.)
A vesicle at the border of the orifice of the urethra.
Burning pain in the glans penis and immediately afterwards urging to urinate (aft. 5.1/2 h.). [Gn.]
Burning stitch in the glans penis (aft. 26 h.). [Gn.]
Needle-prick-like sensation in the glans penis (aft. 1 h.). [Gn.]
315. Stiffness of penis, immediately – the following days he had no erections at all.
Jerks in the penis to the back part, almost as if semen would be ejaculated.
Burning in the internal genitals, a kind of strong inclination to seminal emission (aft. 24 h.).
Intolerable feeling of sexual desire in the genitals and the whole body going on to seminal emission (aft. 40 h.).
Seminal emission without lascivious dreams. [Lr.-Gn.]
320. (Prolapsus of the vagina renders the hard faecal evacuations very difficult.)
In the hypogastrium, pressing, as if the menses were coming, aggravated by pressing on it. [Gss.]
The menses come on more profusely than usual (12th d.). [Gss.]
A week before the menses an indescribable anxiety and melancholy, which ceases when the discharge is established.
Before the catamenia, pain in the zygomatic process when touched but during the menstrual flux a pain on the zygomatic process as from a blow, on merely moving the facial muscles.
325. Leucorrhoea of transparent mucus from the vagina.
The leucorrhoea ceases.(Curative secondary action of the vital force.)
Frequent sneezing without coryza (aft. ¾ h.). [Lr.]
Severe stuffed coryza – he can only get air through the right nostril. [Gss.]
The left nostril is impermeable to air and is outwardly swollen, red, and painful to the touch.
330. At noon when blowing the nose, it becomes quite free and he can draw in air without impediment (aft. 4 d.). [Gss.]
Severe coryza (aft. 4 d.).
Roughness in the larynx.
When she attempted to sing, she must leave off every instant and breathe deeply on account of exhaustion and extreme emptiness in the chest, and she immediately became hoarse – a couple of weak cough impulses removed the hoarseness, but only for instants.[Gss.]
Occasionally a hacking cough as from weakness of the chest, without any other cough-irritation and without expectoration – the trachea seems quite free from mucus – with a hoarse, very weak sound because he was deficient in strength in the chest. [Gss.]
335. In the forenoon, phlegm in the windpipe, which is expectorated by slight cough-impulses, with an uncommon weakness of the chest as if it were eviscerated, and with great exhaustion in the whole body and limbs, in which a weak feeling spreads up and down – this expectoration recurred on several successive morning. [Gss.]
He feels the chest full of phlegm – a perceptible rattling, especially inwardly, and observed when breathing. [Fz.]
Irritation to cough in the windpipe when taking a breath, as from phlegm, and yet the excited cough as from much phlegm, and yet the excited cough was neither attended by phlegm nor dry – not so perceptible when walking as when sitting bent forwards. [Fz.]
Short cough with threefold impulse. [Fz.]
Constant irritation in the chest to cough as from much phlegm inwardly feeling of gasping and snoring (aft. 24 h.). [Fz.]
340. Constant contraction of the windpipe, which excites coughing. [Fz.]
Tickling cough, as from a soreness deep down in the trachea; there was scraping upwards as far as the throat.
Scrapy cough, at the commencement loose, with greenish expectoration of a disgusting sweetish taste, worse before lying done in the evening (10 o’clock) at the same time hoarse voice; after each time he coughs a sensation as of soreness in the trachea and thorax; the irritation to cough is at the bottom of the trachea, in the upper part of the sternum (aft. 5 d.).
Yellow expectoration from the trachea of a foul taste.
Expectoration tastes salt.
345. Before midnight much cough irritation with scanty expectoration – for several nights.
Violent shaking, deep cough.
Fatiguing cough-impulses, causing the region of the scrobiculus cordis to be very painful as if bruised.
Oppression of the chest as if it were inwardly contracted, which caused the breath to be apparently drawn in very dry. [Fz.]
Pressive squeezing in the left side of the chest, when sitting, increased by inspiration (aft. 3 h.). [Htn.]
350. Pressure deep inwardly in the chest as from a weight lying on it. [fz.]
Tightness of chest: on moving but little he immediately loses his breath. [Hrr.]
When going upstairs and making other slight movements, want of breath. [Hrr.]
In the evening he is attacked by a severe tightness of chest, dyspnoea, and dreadful anxiety (aft. 60 h.).
Tightness of chest: he must unbutton his clothes – they feel too tight – in order to be able to breathe properly. [Hrr.]
355. Constriction of the chest, in the evening, with anxiety.
Troublesome oppression in the upper part of the chest – he must often breathe deeply, at the same time a feeling of great emptiness in the scrobiculus cordis. [Gss.]
In the evening anxiety; the respiration becomes shorter and he must breathe quickly for a long time, until he can take a single very deep breath, as when yawning – then the anxiety and short breathing are gone.
Oppression in the chest: something mounts up to the throat and stops the breath. [Gss.]
On breathing deeply she gets a feeling of agreeable lightness, which, however, lasts no longer than the respiration. [Gss.]
360. When at rest he sometimes experiences a feeling of widechestedness – just as if the chest expanded – and yet at the same time there is a peculiar sensation of anxiety as from palpitation of the heart. [Gss.]
His breathing is short, and though he does not want for air, laboured, from weakness of the respiratory organs, with great emptiness of the chest. [Gss.]
Tensive stitch in the sternum persistent during inspiration and expiration (aft. 3 d.). [Gn.]
Tensive stitch in the left side of the chest, persistent during inspiration and expiration, worst when stooping (aft. aft 4 h.). [Gn.]
Tensive stitch in the right side of the chest, which almost took away his breath (aft. 1.1/2 h.). [Gn.]
365. While breathing, stitches in the chest and shoulder-joint.
Violent stitches in chest and side, from morning till midday, which hindered him in breathing – several forenoons; in the afternoon, distension of the abdomen.
Tension and pressure over the upper part of the chest, in the morning, on rising from bed.
Contractive chest-pain under the right arm, shooting when moving.
In the left side of the chest, suddenly, sharp knife-stabs. [Gss.]
Sharp penetrating needle-pricks on the clavicle. [Gss.]
Cutting, not quick stitches frequrepeated, up through the thoracic cavity and anteriorly out at the uppermost ribs, without reference to inspiration or expiration (aft. 14 h.). [Ws.]
Tearing cutting, almost like colic, in the left side of the chest, when walking and standing. [Lr.]
When walking, a squeezing cutting pain in the right ribs, only occurring during inspiration (aft. 7.1/2 h.). [Htn.]
375. When walking in the open air, burning stitches in the left side of the chest mostly during inspiration. [Hnl.]
In the last right true rib, and the left false rib, a prickling as from a flea. [Fz.]
Internal pressure outwards under the right nipple (aft. 3 h.). [Hrr.]
The whole chest, from the throat downwards, feels to her sore inwardly. [Gss.]
The chest pains as if bruised, when moving and when at rest.
380. A pain in the whole chest, especially above the scrobiculus cordis, worse during inspiration. [Gss.]
Painfulness in the chest, like digging; it then goes down into the abdomen and digs painfully with desire to go to stool. [Gss.]
Drawing pressure on the projection formes by the last united costal cartilages on the left side of the chest. [Gss.]