Shooting in the head from the forehead to the occiput.
70. A whirling sensation in the right side of the forehead, and a stitch in the left side of the forehead.
More twitching than throbbing pain in the head, with hot face.
In the right side of the head a throbbing, which can also be felt externally by the hand.
In the morning, on waking, headache on the crown, a painful throbbing.
In the forehead and occiput pain, a hollow throbbing (aft. 2 h.).
75. A throbbing headache, which includes the eyes, so that she cannot see well; on moving the beating in the head is quicker, she imagines she hears it.
In the head a chirping as from grasshoppers.
A clucking in both temples.
Pain on the temple, as if someone pulled him by the hair there.
On the top of the head a spot, the size of half-a-crown, with burning pain, which is not painful when touched.
80. The head is especially painful when touched, chiefly on the sinciput, for twenty-four hours. [Fr. H-n.]
Sore feeling on one side of the occiput when touched. [Hbg.]
A smarting erosion on the occiput (at night).
In the morning great greasiness of the hair of the head, the head itself is cool; the hands became quite greasy on combing the hair (aft 10 h.).
On combing out the hair great itching on the head.
85. (A painful throbbing in all parts of the face, which is also felt under the fingers when touched.)
Itching needle-pricks in the right frontal muscle. [Hrr.]
A tension in the frontal muscles beneath the skin, on moving the eyes.
Heat in head and face, with redness.
Great heat in head and face. [Hbg.]
90. Flying heat over the face. [Hbg.]
A tension in the skin of the face, on moving the facial muscles.
Red spot in the face and on the neck (for two days).
Paleness of the face for twenty-four hours. [Fr. H-n.]
Red, hot. soft swelling of the face. [Fr. H-n.]
95. Swelling of the left side of the face, more down along the nose, with some pain in it (during the diarrhoea). [Fr. H-n.]
Great swelling of the upper half of the face, especially a great swelling under the eyes and over the root of the nose, with swelling of the eyelids; he could not open the left eye for four days (aft. 3 d.). [Fr. H-n.]
Contractive pain in the right palpebral muscle. [Hrr.]
Redness and swelling of the eyelids, with aching in them, for three days (aft. 3 d.). [Fr. H-n.]
In the left lower eyelid a pimple the size of a pea, painful when touched, for sixteen days (aft. 24 h.). [Fr. H-n.]
100. Soft boil at the inner canthus of the left eye; from time to time much pus escapes from it, for ten days (aft. 6 d.). [Fr. H-n]
In the morning on waking he can scarcely open the eyes, they are stuck together by a purulent mass. [Hrr.]
Pain as from a burn above the left eye and on the left side of the nose, which is somewhat allayed by pressing on it. [Fr. H-n.]
Pain like burning out at the left eye (aft.24 h.). [Fr.H-n]
Aching in the eyes, with burning itching sensation in the eye-lids[Hbg.]
105. Aching in the eyes for sixteen successive days. [Fr. H-n.]
Pressure on the right eyeball, more from above downwards (aft. 3 d.). [Hrr.]
A fine throbbing in the right eyeball. [Fr. H-n.]
Frequent lachrymation of the eyes. [Hrr.]
A dimness of vision of the left eye, as if it were full of water.
110. In the morning weakness of vision; when she attempted to red all the letters ran together.
(Presbyopia): she could see at a distance, but not near (aft. 24 h.)
The lower eyelid sometimes red and inflamed, the upper quivers.
In the left inner canthus raw pain and soreness.
In the morning the eyelids as if gummed together, somewhat red and swollen, and with pain as if rubbed and heated.
115. In the morning, on awaking an aching in the eye, as if pressed on by the hand, or as if in a room full of smoke.
In the morning the integuments of the eyes are swollen and as if gummed up with matter.
Swelling of the lower eyelid, internally aching pain; eyes gummed up in the morning.
Smarting in the eyes, as if sand (?) were in them, which compels rubbing.
In the afternoon sensation in the right eye, as if a grain of sand were in it.
120. In the forenoon sudden swelling of one eye with pain, without redness; matter exudes, and the conjunctiva is dark red and swollen.
The eyes water in the air
On the border of the left upper eyelid an itching mingled with burning and tearing.
Itching in the left outer canthus mingled with some smarting, not removed by rubbing (aft. 6 h.).
The eyes full of tears and the eyelids itch, as if something were healing; he must rub.
125. A small tetter on the right cheek (aft. 4 d.). [Fr. H-n.]
Swelling of the right cheek close to the ear, with burning pain (aft. 4 d.). [Fr. H-n.]
Painful pressure under the right malar bone, removed by external pressure (aft. 1 h.). [Hrr.]
Pinching pressure in the cavity of the joint of the right jaw, increased by movement. [Hrr.]
Ringing before the left ear, as of small bells (aft. 1 h.). [Fr. H-n.]
130. In the meatus auditorius a contractive pain, which at first went off by clearing away the wax with the finger, but always came back again, with hardness of hearing. [Mch.]
Sensation in the external meatus as if a finger were pressed upon it, which is increased by bending down to read. [Rkt.]
Obtuse pain round about the left ear.[Hbg.]
Pain like a burning out at the left ear (aft. 6 h.). [Fr. H-n.]
Burning in the lobe of the ear. [Hbg.]
135. Hard boil behind the ear, which often changes its size (aft. 24 h.).[Fr. H-n.]
Boil-like swelling in front of the ear, which after twelve hours burst, discharged, and formed a yellow scab. [Fr. H-n.]
Humming before the right ear.
Sensation as if the ears were stopped up, and no air could penetrate into them.
When he walks in the open air, and after his walk comes into the house, he feels stitches, now in one, now in the other ear.
140. Blood comes out of the ears.
Violent aching on the right concha.
A frequent formication and tickling in the septum of the nose, especially when blowing the nose.
On the left side of the tip of the nose a swelling, with twitching pain in it, and, on touching it, as if it were going to gather.
145. An ulcer inside the left nostril with smarting pain.
Swollen nose with epistaxis for several days (aft. 5 d.). [Fr. H-n.]
Epistaxis on three successive days (the 10th. 11th, and 12th d.).[Fr. H-n.]
Epistaxis, several times a day, for fourteen days. [Fr. H-n.]
Epistaxis (aft. 10, 16 d.). [Fr. H-n.]
150. Epistaxis from the right nostril (aft. 9 d.). [Fr. H-n.]
Daily profuse epistaxis (aft. 14 d.). [Fr. H-n.]
First epistaxis and then ulcerated nostrils (sore nose).
Epistaxis (aft. 48, 72 h.).
In the morning after rising, epistaxis for a quarter of an hour.
155. Epistaxis in sleep, about 3 a.m., so that he is woke up by it. (aft. 4 d.).
Epistaxis without having previously stooped.
(A pimple on the chin, which causes shooting pain when touched.)
Drawing, with pressure in the throat up to the ear. [Hbg.]
Pain in the posterior part of the throat, felt when moving. [Hbg.]
160. Tensive stiffness of the left side of the neck. [Hbg.]
Rheumatic stiffness in the side of the neck towards the nape. [Hbg.]
Tension in the nape on moving the head. [Hbg.]
On the left side of the nape and neck, of the facial and masseter muscles, sore pain on moving, which rendered turning the head and chewing difficult and almost impossible (aft. 24 h.). [Hbg.]
Itching needle-pricks on the neck (especially when he has walked quickly) which cause him to scratch; they are removed by scratching (aft. 24 h.). [Hbg.]
165. Chap in the lower lip. [Fr. H-n.]
Burning in the lower lip. [Hbg.]
On the lower lip small ulcerated fissures, which cause burning pain when touched. [Fr. H-n.]
On the right commissure of the mouth, and more on the lower lip, a small elevation, which from time to time bleeds profusely for six days. [Fr. H-n.]
A vesicle on the red part of the lower lip with burning pain.
170. Eruption below the left commissure of the lips with smarting pain.
Eruption on the lower lip beyond the red part, with itching smarting pain as from salt.
Between the under lip and gum a shooting, very acute twitching (in the morning in bed), as in cancer of the lip.
Toothache, twitching and shooting in the teeth towards the ear, which compelled her to lie down. (There are several symptoms caused by bryonia which compel the person to lie down; comp, 285,479,631,708, or, at least, to sit down, 296, and several that are increased by walking and standing, e. g. 308; but, on the other hand, the alternating actin, where the symptoms are relieved by movement, and cannot bear quiet lying and sitting is much more frequent with bryonia.)
In the evening, in bed, twitching toothache, now in the upper, now in the lower molars (for an hour); when the pain was above, and the point of the finger was applied there, the pain suddenly ceased and went into the opposite lower tooth (aft. 5 d.).
175. Twitching toothache during the (accustomed) tobacco-smoking (aft. 1 h.).
Drawing, Sometimes twitching toothache in the molars of the left upper jaw, only during and after eating, at the same time the teeth felt too long and as if they waggled to and fro (aft. 6 h.). [Hrr.]