1. Plethoric persons inclined to obesity and subject to sudden congestion of the head; happy when well, violent when sick.
2. Brain symptoms predominate; (a) wild delirium; fantastic illusions or rage with destructive mania; (b) constant moaning, staring or jumping in or on going to sleep, even to springing out of bed.
3. Hyperaesthesia of all the senses; every stimulus almost intolerable.
4. Acute local inflammations with sudden onset and rapid, course, before products have formed; esp. of peritoneum.
5. Fevers with dry, burning hot skin, sweat only on covered parts, smooth, shiny, scarlet surface; flushed face, sparkling eyes with dilated pupils; throbbing carotids; pulse rapid and full but not tense.
6. Severe, paroxysmal pains of various kinds but gen. throbbing; sudden onset, indefinite course, sudden decline, often (<) lying down (except joint pains), (<) heat.
7. Dryness of mucous membranes esp. of throat.
8. Great bearing down in the female organs; menses premature and profuse, flow bright red and hot.
9. Ailments predominantly right-sided.
10. Patient chilly, (<) Cold but (<) heat of sun; (<) night or 3 p.m. to 3 a.m.; every stimulus, least jar of bed; (>) wrapping up, warmth; resting in semi-recumbent positions; lying on unaffected side.
Notes. Chronic – Calcarea Carb. Action swift but not very prolonged. Suitable for acute and sub-acute conditions. Do not give low potencies to nursing mothers.