1. Low septic fevers with great prostration and muttering delirium; face dark red; vacant, stupid, even besotted expression.
2. Great mental confusion; sensation of divided personality expressed in various ways, e.g. body feels scattered, tries to collect the pieces. Concentration difficult (falls asleep while being spoken to or while answering question).
3. Numbness and soreness; aching, bruised, sore feeling all over; bed feels too hard (Arnica).
4. Putrescence of all discharges, secretions and exhalation.
5. Absence of acute pain.
6. Drowsiness and languor; restless sleep.
7. Mouth and tongue very dry in fevers; tongue at first white with red papillae and red edges; later, yellow-brown centre, edges dark red and shining; then brown, parched, cracked and ulcerated; sordes.
8. Frequents, loose, dark, acrid, offensive, debilitating stools (Arsenicum).
9. Ulceration of mucous membranes esp. of fauces; with dark-red appearance, absence of pain; can swallow only liquids.
10. No marked reaction to temperature though gen. some (<) cold; gen. (<) movement: on waking.
Note. An acute and sub-acute remedy.