1. Fat, plethoric persons; usually dark; easy disposition to diarrhoea, vegetarians; old people.
2. Combination of sadness and irritability; sometimes suicidal tendency; great fastidiousness; fear of the dark; (<) alone; hyperaesthesia of the special senses.
3. In adynamic fevers; rapid and great prostration yet marked restlessness from anxiety and fear of death (Acon); wants to be moved from place to place; obviously ill and lacking in vital power. Septic states.
4. Burning, lancinating pains and sensations, (>) heat (rev. Phosphorus).
5. Discharges burning, excoriating offensive, debilitating, thin, watery; generally scanty.
6. Periodicity and malignancy of symptoms.
7. Great thirst; calls for small quantities at frequent intervals.
8. Gastric ailments with loathing of food; vomits everything even a spoonful of water; ill-effects of eating fruit, ices, etc., also ptomaine and similar poisonings. Patient dislikes meat but desire fat.
9. Skin troubles of all kinds, esp. scaly eruptions.
10. Patients very chilly, (<) cold and damp; lying with head low; midnight to 3 a.m.; rest: (>) heat, except head symptoms.
Note. Thuja is sometimes its chronic.