1. Stout, fleshy persons of sedentary habit; delicate women who faint easily and fly to smelling bottle on least excuse; cold people.
2. Listlessness; ill-humour esp. during stormy weather; desire for olfactory stimulants.
3. Haemorrhagic diathesis; epistaxis, when washing face, after eating; venous congestions.
4. Tendency to gangrenous degeneration of parts; whole body seems overpowered by toxic effects of the disease (Ailanth., Baptisia).
5. Affections of respiratory tract; acute and chronic; stoppage of nose mostly at night, must breathe through mouth (a keynote even in diphtheria); aged and when associated with emphysema; asthma, coughs, etc., gen. (<) 3-4 a.m.
6. Malignant scarlatina with somnolence; threatened paralysis of brain; toxic effects appear to centre in the throat, which is dark red, putrid, externally swollen.
7. All discharge acrid, excoriating, leaving rawness and burning.
8. Cholera-like symptoms at commencement of M.P.; menses premature, profuse with great fatigue and (<) of all symptoms.
9. Affections mostly right-sided.
10. Modalities; (<) cold, wet weather; washing; during M.P.
Note. Useful locally for stings of insects. etc.